So you don’t crochet. Nor do you knit. Never fear, yarn is for everyone! In this tutorial we found from The Inspired Room, you can see how simple it is to make these pretty yarn-wrapped letters. Heads up to the stylists (or those who just wanna live in craft-style!)! Don’t get stumped by the lack of block letters, one can always improvise with cutting up an old piece of corrugated board from your stash (or someone else’s stash) of boxes.
Such decorative uses for yarn! Don’t forget to drop by next week and check out our Yarn Sale! We’ll have all sorts of yarns from Dreams Yarnshoppe, Gantsilyo Guru Selections and Yarn Source Manila on sale! We’ll also have evening Happy Hour sessions, wherein you can just drop by, bring your own tools and yarn if you have–or buy some of the gorgeous yarns on sale, and just knit, crochet, craft, laugh, eat, drink and make stuff with us! We have suggested activities for each evening, so we’ll be sharing patterns with you in an informal setting.
This won’t be a formal workshop, just getting together for some stitch ‘n bitch…or stitch ‘n laugh…or stitch ‘n storytelling if you will. 🙂 We’ll be providing snacks, so a small fee of PHP 150 will be charged. For those who’d like to be counted in, do send an email to events[at]craftmnl.com and let us know which session you’ll be joining (do let us know how many you’ll be too–bring your friends)!
- September 8, 6-8 PM: Crocheting Amigurumi. Calling all former amigurumi students and amigurumi enthusiasts! Bring your current projects, and share tips and patterns! We’ll be putting together a gallery of projects for that evening, so bring even your previous stuff for some serious show and tell!
- September 9, 6-8 PM: Pom pom Buntings. Kimmy of Yarn Source Manila will share how to make these simple, fluffy objects that you can turn into decorative embellishments, or little toys in themselves (bring your own googly eyes!).
- September 10, 6-8 PM: Knitting Simple Baby Booties. We found a pattern for this that goes with some of the lovely, soft yarns we’ve got in stock. If you’re knitting or crocheting other projects for your little ones, do bring them and share!
- September 11, 6-8 PM: Crocheting Flowers. Nothing beats the real thing, but crocheted flowers become different objects altogether! Each flower is a story of skill and a lot of love. We’ve got lots of pattern finds to share for your personal enjoyment! **Update: The Gantsilyo Guru Trey Ajusto will be leading this session!
- September 12, 6-8 PM: Knitting Plant Pockets. This is a recent discovery and one of our current obsessions. We’ll share where we found the idea, and the pattern for it!
- September 13, 6-8 PM: Pattern Swap. For this evening, bring whatever projects you want to share, and at least 5 patterns you’ve found! If we get enough folks gathered for the evening, we might even have a bit of trivia. **Update: The Gantsilyo Guru Trey Ajusto will be leading this session. Everyone who joins will get a chance to win a vintage crochet pattern magazine! She’ll also be introducing a new Japanese yarn she’s bringing in! Exciting!
- September 14, 6-8 PM: Potluck and Make and Take. We’d just like to end the week with a bit of celebration and sharing. Bring one project you can part with, and get to swap with someone!
See you guys next week!