Get introduced to one of the most beautiful traditional printing techniques, Relief printmaking! Learn the different tricks and techniques of this art, such as hand-carving linoleum and image transfer in this 6-hour workshop facilitated by hand-carving and blockprint artist, Tish Hautea of @sqooid.
Topics To Be Discussed:
- What is relief printmaking?
- What are its uses and applications?
- Get acquainted to the different tools and their uses.
- Techniques of relief printmaking.
Drills on carving & how to manipulate your linoleum tool will also be discussed:
- Image transfer
- Proper handling & techniques
- Shading techniques for carving
- Preparing your ink for printing
- Preparing your area for printing
- Best types of paper to use
Session fee is P2,400, inclusive of a workshop kit that includes:
- Tracing paper
- Rubber sole
- Box cutter
- Paper for printing and test printing
- Masking tape
- Transparency film
- WICO printing ink
- Images for reference: Each participant is asked to bring their desired sketch, or printout of desired artwork to copy then carve during the class.
Materials for borrowing only:
- Linoleum cutters
- Blow dryer
Available session date for March at our workshop space at Unit 302, 926 Pasay Road Condominium (Pamana-Languages Building), Arnaiz Avenue (Pasay Road, behind New World Hotel), Makati:
- March 10, (Saturday) 1PM to 7PM
About the Instructor
Tish Hautea is a full time crafter, she translates her illustrations into rubber stamps. Her carved illustrations are inspired from nature and animals. Carving stamps have become her way of maintaining focus and meditation. She is drawn to everything handmade and loves to build/make things from clay, paper, rubber, cloth etc. She is also the owner of SQooiD, a brand that focuses on hand carved stamps and block prints.
Register for this Class
Relief Printmaking | March 10, 1PM to 7PM
Add to cart