It’s time to make your very own sandals this summer! Zapateria is back in the studio to teach the basics of making leather sandals for men and women.
No experience is needed to join this class. Surprise yourself by learning how to make your own sandals and walk away with your own pair!
This does not guarantee gaining professional and industry-level conformance nor is meant to be a a custom bespoke service.
The session will cover the following:
- Introduction to sandals styles, parts, components, materials and tools
- Introduction to pattern making and reading, as well as making your own pattern
- Tracing the pattern in the leather and cutting them out
- Gluing the upper
- Hand stitching the upper
- Preparing the insole
- Attaching the upper and the lower
- Polishing the sandals
Each participant’s sandal making kit (that will produce one pair of customized leather sandals) and it will include the following:
- Man-made upper material (pull side leather, synthetic suede, waxed thread)
- Nubak and rubber foam outsole
- Shoe components and other supplies
- Shoemaking orientation handout
Available session date for May at our Makati workshop space (Unit 302, Pamana-Languages Building, 926 Arnaiz Avenue):
- May 26 (Sunday), 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Session fee is PHP 3,500.00 and is inclusive of all materials. Only up to 10 participants will be accommodated.
About the Facilitator
Marijoe a.k.a Mara is known for her versatility in art and in design. She studied Fine Arts and majored in Industrial Design at the University of the Philippines, Diliman. She has also studied digital footwear manufacturing in Taiwan. She is an artist maker and has done 3 solo exhibitions in Manila. She is currently an artist-in-residence of Zapateria, a creative hub on footwear design and development.
Leather Sandal Making | May 26, 2019 9 AM – 4 PM
Add to cart