Take on a bigger leather crafting project with this whole – day workshop! Learn the first step of bag making, which is creating a pattern, then spend the rest of the day putting your bag together with your own hands!
Basic Leather Crafting is a prerequisite to this workshop.
A bag template, and 1 Leather sling bag
Topics and Techniques:
1. Making the sling bag pattern
2. Applying the pattern to prepare the leather for stitching
3. Attaching hardware
4. Bag stitching
Materials to be provided by Soul Flower:
– cartolina paper
– pencil and eraser
– measuring tape
– metal hardware for the bag
– waxed thread
Reminders for participants:
1. Please bring your complete Basic Leather Crafting Kit. If you have a cutting mat bigger than the one provided in the kit, please bring that one instead. An A2 cutting mat would be ideal.
2. Participants are also highly encouraged to bring at least 7 sq. ft of genuine cow leather. Leather may also be purchased during the workshop.
Available session date for December at our Makati workshop space:
- December 15 (Saturday) 9AM – 4PM
Session fee is PHP 3,500. Only up to 10 participants per session will be accommodated.
About the Instructors
Full-time crafters Janina Arias and Patricia Peralta are the makers of Soul Flower – a Filipino brand of handmade bohemian accessories. They have been friends since high school and have been crafting handmade jewelry since they were little. Seeing that they shared a common interest in beads, colorful patterns and prints they decided to turn their hobby into a brand in mid 2010. Their mission as a craft business is not merely to produce, but more so to inspire an artisan culture and spread the spirit of creativity and expression. Dedicated to this purpose, they are always in search of ways on how to improve their craft. Their most recent venture is silversmithing. Certainly, these ladies never tire of searching for new things to tinker with!
Register for this Class
Leathercrafting Sling Bags: | December 15, 9AM – 4PM
Add to cart