Have you ever thought about growing your own flowers, fruits, herbs, and vegetables, but are daunted by how vast the selection of plants are? Perhaps you are intimidated by how much information there is to digest in order to become a successful gardener? Maybe you don’t necessarily feel comfortable getting your hands dirty shoveling dirt into pots? Well, this workshop aims to change all that by giving you both the knowledge and the confidence to kickstart your way into having that green thumb!
NOTE: This workshop will not have a completely organic approach, but rather a hybrid one.
Each participant will receive a kit containing the ff. materials:
- 1kg organic soil
- 300ml gravel
- 2 plastic pots
- 1 watering can
- 1 spade
- 1 vial Celosia argentea (cockscomb) seeds (~25 seeds per vial)*
- 1 vial Gomphrena globosa (globe amaranth) seeds (~20 seeds per vial)*
- 1 vial Helianthus annuus (common sunflower) seeds (~5 seeds per vial)*
- 1 vial Basella alba var. rubra (alugbati) seeds (~20 per vial)*
- 1 vial Ocimum basilicum (sweet basil) seeds (~20 per vial)*
- 1 vial Brassica oleracea var. alboglabra (kailan) seeds (~10 per vial)*
- 1 seedling/cutting of each plant
- Bamboo skewers
- Popsicle sticks for labelling
- Info sheet with relevant information about different plants given
- A copy of the lecture materials sent via email
- 1 handmade box to contain all seed vials
- 1 large eco-bag to carry everything easily
*NOTE: The availability of seeds/cuttings are subject to change, as the facilitator’s inventory is determined by what he will be able to harvest in the coming month.
At the end of the session, each participant will have both pots filled with the soil and sown with seeds/cuttings of their choice.
The participants will also be given other extra plants/seeds to buy from the facilitator.
Available session date for June at our Makati studio– Unit 302, 926 Pasay Road Condominium (Pamana-Languages Building), Arnaiz Avenue (Pasay Road, behind New World Hotel), Makati:
- June 4 (Sunday), 2PM – 5PM
Session fee is PHP 2,000. All necessary materials, rental tools and equipment for workshop participants will be provided. Up to 15 slots are available for this class.
About the Instructor
Bobby Ruiz is a ‘freelance crafter’ and a self-professed polymath. He graduated from Ateneo de Manila University in 2013 with a degree in European Studies. Feeling dissatisfied with the job options from his course, he instead chose to focus his time working on what he loves doing best: making things on his own. Ever since childhood, he’s had a particular interest in origami. Its versatility, coupled with how beautiful finished works come out, has captivated him for most of his life. He is also interested in recreational mathematics, science, technology, as well as other crafting disciplines such as tile design and technical drafting.
Register for this Class
Home Gardening for Absolute Beginners | June 4, 2PM – 5PM
Add to cart