Get introduced to one of the most beautiful traditional printing techniques, Relief printmaking! Learn the different tricks and techniques of this art, such as hand-carving linoleum and image transfer in this 6-hour workshop facilitated by hand-carving and blockprint artist, Tish Hautea of @sqooid.
Topics To Be Discussed:
- What is relief printmaking?
- What are its uses and applications?
- Get acquainted to the different tools and their uses.
- Techniques of relief printmaking.
Drills on carving & how to manipulate your linoleum tool will also be discussed:
- Image transfer
- Proper handling & techniques
- Shading techniques for carving
- Preparing your ink for printing
- Preparing your area for printing
- Best types of paper to use
Session fee is P2,400, inclusive of a workshop kit that includes:
- Tracing paper
- Rubber sole
- Box cutter
- Paper for printing and test printing
- Masking tape
- Transparency film
- WICO printing ink
- Images for reference: Each participant is asked to bring their desired sketch, or printout of desired artwork to copy then carve during the class.
Materials for borrowing only:
- Linoleum cutters
- Blow dryer
Available session date for February at our workshop space at Unit 302, 926 Pasay Road Condominium (Pamana-Languages Building), Arnaiz Avenue (Pasay Road, behind New World Hotel), Makati:
- February 23, (Saturday) 1PM to 7PM