Have fun learning to use the art of Collage combined with the craft of Decoupage plus the techniques of Distress Painting and Resin-Glazing to make one-of-a-kind trinkets and décor. Discover the artist as well as the artisan in you while producing pieces you never knew you could make with your own hands. It doesn’t matter if you can’t draw or paint— magazine and paper cutouts provide the elements of your creations , your own masterpieces you can wear and use in your home.
- Prepping wooden surfaces by painting with a distressed finish.
- Cutting paper and magazines and composing to make the collages and trinkets.
- Decoupaging the cutouts onto the surfaces.
- Mixing the resin and applying to the decoupaged pieces. These will be left at the studio to cure for 24 hours.
- Assembling the pieces
The pieces to be produced:
- 1 frame necklace
- 1 flattened bottlecap necklace
- 1 wood coaster
- 1 pair of earrings
- 1 mini artwork on wood
- A variety of magnets, keychains, pins
Session fee is PHP 3,000 inclusive of all materials. Cost includes materials to use and take home: resin, decoupaging solution, surfaces for decoupaging, jewelry components, chains, magnets, key rings, pin backs, magazines and patterned paper. Participants may also bring their own magazines or pictures they want to include in their pieces.
Tools such as scissors, pliers, pencils, paints and brushes will be provided but not to be taken home.
Up to 8 participants will be accommodated!
Available session dates for February at our workshop space at Unit 302, 926 Pasay Road Condominium (Pamana-Languages Building), Arnaiz Avenue (Pasay Road, behind New World Hotel), Makati:
- February 23 & 24, 2PM to 6PM (Second day is from 4PM onwards)