Have fun learning to use the art of Collage combined with the craft of Découpage and Resin-Glazing to make one-of-a-kind trinkets and décor. Discover the artist as well as the artisan in you while producing pieces you never knew you could make with your own hands. It doesn’t matter if you can’t draw or paint— magazine and paper cutouts provide the elements of your creations , your own masterpieces you can wear and display in your home.
DAY 1 ( 3 hours)
- Cutting paper and magazines and composing to make the collages and trinkets.
- Decoupaging the cutouts onto the surfaces.
- Mixing the resin and applying to the decoupaged pieces. These will be left at the studio to cure for 24 hours or more.
DAY 2 ( 2 hours max)
- Assembling the pieces: attaching chains, ribbons, bead accents, earring hooks, magnets, keychains, pin backs etc.
- Show and Tell: Presenting your artwork /modeling your pieces.
- And of course, time for Craft-fies (Selfies with your crafts)!
The pieces to be produced:
- 1 collage artwork on ceramic tile
- 1 butterfly necklace w/brass chain
- 1 acrylic necklace w/ ribbon & beads
- 1 pair of acrylic earrings
- 1 bottlecap keychain
- 1 mosaic tile ring
- 1 mosaic tile ref magnet
- 1 mosaic tile pin
Session fee is PHP 3,000 per partcipant.
Cost includes materials: resin, decoupaging solution, surfaces for decoupaging, jewelry components, chains, magnets, key rings, pin backs, magazines and patterned paper. Participants may also bring their own magazines or pictures they want to include in their pieces.
Tools such as scissors, pliers, pencils and glue will be provided but not to be taken home.
Up to 12 participants will be accommodated!
Available session dates for May at our workshop space at Unit 302, 926 Pasay Road Condominium (Pamana-Languages Building), Arnaiz Avenue (Pasay Road, behind New World Hotel), Makati:
- Day 1: May 11 (Saturday) 9 AM to 12 noon
- Day 2: May 12 (Sunday) 2 PM to 4 PM